The Home Improvement Guarantee can be used for: House Extensions, Loft Conversions, Garage Conversions, Renovations and Refurbishments,Window Replacements, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Roofing, Plumbing & Heating, Electrical, Landscaping or any job or project which has a value of over £2000.
How The Home Improvements Guarantee Works:
- You decide what work you need, with the protection of the Home Improvements Guarantee.
- Contact your or any approved Home Improvements Guarantee builder or tradesmen.
- You select your preferred contractor.
- You and your selected contractor agree a price and sign an agreement for the work or project.
- You deposit the agreed amount or the first stage payment into a HSBC “Client Account” provided by HIG and Transpact our secure processing partner.
- The approved builder or tradesmen UK commences work.
- When the work is finished the contractor is paid, or if you have agreed stage payments these are paid on the agreed dates, with your approval.
- You can view your own “Client Account” details anytime in the same way as internet banking.
- On completion you will be sent your Home Improvements Warranty which provides up to 10 years protection.
- You complete our feedback report on our contractor so future clients can see your comments before they hire.
- And how much does the HIG cost? Its free of charge for homeowners. The contractor covers the cost of the Home Improvements Guarantee..
- To apply for a Home Improvements Guarantee, building warranty or help with finding a locally approved builder or tradesmen in the UK please Click Here
- Visit our FAQ section for more information.