Find Trusted Tradesman and Vetted Tradesman
Choosing the right builder or trusted tradesmen is a major concern, and worry for home owners across the country. The Home Improvements Guarantee will help you select the right contractor who will have completed our vetting procedures.
Contractors Vetting Procedure
- Trusted Builders and tradesmen must provide details of qualifications and experience in their chosen trade.
- References from recent clients – We contact their clients to validate the references and results are posted on members web page for other consumers to view.
- All relevant insurances in public/employers liability are checked – It is a requirement of membership that these insurances are valid at all times.
- All contractors agree to ensure feedback reports are completed on each HIG job or project. The feedback reports are scrutinised, validated and only then are they placed on to the members web page.
- Code of Conduct: All contractors are required to sign up to our Code of Conduct and our mediation and complaints service.
Complaints and disputes, learn more about how our step by step dispute process works.